Our starting goal was to open and operate a teen center that meets the needs of youth in the Eaton Rapids area. It was our priority to include both adults and teens in our teen center project. We welcomed any interested persons who would like to join us, either on an ongoing basis or to help with specific projects or programs.
In 2018, we met our first goal by opening Teen Space at Union Street Community Center in Eaton Rapids. We hired a director to run the center and work with the advisory board and ERCA on an ongoing basis to develop the center’s programs and policies.
Eaton Rapids Teen Space focuses on youth from 6th through 12th grade.
We provide the following:
- A safe, supervised place for teens to go to after school hours
- Physical activity such as basketball, gaga ball, dodgeball, and other activities
- A quiet room for doing homework and studying
- Individual tutoring
- Space for socializing, playing board/card games, etc.
- Areas to explore creative activities such as art, music, writing, crafts, etc.
- Programs/classes for enrichment, technical training, teaching life skills, & more
- Opportunities for teens to do volunteer work in our community
Funding for operational costs comes from grants, donations from individuals, businesses, churches, fundraising events, and other income-producing activities.
But we have more goals…
Eaton Rapids Teen Space quickly outgrew its first home, so our next goal is to construct our own building from the ground up!
Our first steps toward that goal have already begun. Plans are being drawn, input is being gathered, partners are lining up, and funds are being raised. But we need your help. Volunteers, community support, and financial help are all necessary to make this project come to life. If you are able and willing to help us financially please find our donation tab, or contact us by clicking our contact tab to tell us how you might be able to help.
Our community helped us to achieve our first goal of opening a teen center, and we know we can reach our next goal of constructing our own building with continued community support.